Windsor offers a wide range of advanced nursing programs and specialty services which promotes healing, reduced infection and proactive preventative measures.
These advanced services include (listed in alphabetical order):
- Bariatrics – Obese patients are defined as bariatric when they have a body mass index (BMI) that is equal to or greater than 30. BMI is used to measure weight in relation to height. Windsor provides special equipment, including beds, commodes, and lifts that bariatric patients require for proper care.
- “Care in Place” – Residents with acute conditions that require additional care can receive many treatments and procedures in a Windsor facility by our nurses and therapists. Care-in-Place enables residents to remain safely at the care center and to receive care provided by nurses whom they already know. This can prevent a potentially dangerous transfer to an acute hospital for care that can be provided something that can be done at Windsor. We can also offer services through Telehealth visits that allow you to speak to your physician and get needed information electronically rather than the inconvenience of having to be transported to an office visit for a consultation.
i. Provide same services
ii. Less potential for infection
iv. Dangerous for the medically compromised
v. Telehealth – remote medical treatment
- “Grand Rounds” – Bedside visitation by interdisciplinary teams and physician and family members. This allows you to get current information regarding progress and discharge plans and any other concerns. (now virtual)
- HoverMatt Air Transfer System – HoverMatt is a system used for lateral patient transfers and patient repositioning. The mattress and the patient float on a cushion of air allowing caregivers to safely transfer patients without lifting or straining.
- LifeVest – The LifeVest is a personal defibrillator worn by a patient at risk for sudden cardiac arrest (SCA). It monitors the patient’s heart continuously, and if the patient goes into a life-threatening arrhythmia, the LifeVest delivers a shock treatment to restore the patient’s heart to normal rhythm.
- Physical Agent Modalities – Each Windsor rehabilitation department is equipped with a state-of-the-art modality suite. This includes electrical stimulation, ultrasound and diathermy. Modalities can be utilized to impact underlying deficits related to pain, falls, contractures, wound healing, continence improvement, and osteoarthritis.
- Wii Therapy – Each Windsor rehabilitation department is equipped with Nintendo Wii technology. Through various games, the functional loss can be improved and restored. Residents seem to enjoy the Wii and this element of fun appears to reduce the anxiety and anticipation of participation in therapy.