Los Angeles, CA – January 11, 2017 - Four Windsor skilled nursing and rehabilitation centers in California recently announced they were ranked as “Top Performing” in U.S. New & World Report’s 2017-2018 Nursing Home Finder. U.S. News & World Report publishes its ratings based on the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (“CMS”).
U.S. News & World Report began publishing online ratings of nursing homes in 2009 in their online Nursing Home Finder Tool. The tool reflects a snapshot of the star ratings posted on Nursing Home Compare, the consumer website administered by CMS. Nursing homes are assigned an overall star rating between one and five stars by CMS, and specific ratings in each one of the following three areas:
- Health inspections (state conducted inspections of food preparation, infection control, medication management, residents’ rights and quality of life, and proper skin care)
- Nurse staffing (average number of nursing care minutes patients receive daily)
- Medical quality measures (self-reported and claims-based medical data for the latest four calendar quarters)
Four Windsor care centers were rated as “Best Nursing Homes” and “Top Performing,” by U.S. News & World Report’s Nursing Home Finder Tool in 2017-2018. This is the highest ranking available by U.S. News & World Report and is considered best-in-class.
The four best-in-class centers are:
- Windsor Manor Rehabilitation Center of Concord
- Windsor Gardens Rehabilitation Center of Salinas
- Windsor Gardens of San Diego
- Windsor Elmhaven Care Center
An additional nine Windsor care centers were ranked “Above Average.”
“We are extremely proud of our top performing buildings,” says Tim Lehner, Senior VP of Operations. “Day in and day out, the incredible staff at these care centers strive to provide compassionate care to the residents we are privileged serve. We are honored they are being recognized for their hard work.”
For 2017-18, U.S. News ranked 15,215 nursing homes. Only 2,286 (15%) were recognized as Best Nursing Homes, with an overall rating of 4.5 or greater.