CALIFORNIA PRIVACY ADDENDUM
The California Consumer Privacy Act provides some California residents with the additional rights listed below. To exercise these rights see the “Exercising Your California Privacy Rights” or visit our privacy homepage
Right to Know
You have the right to know and see what data we have collected about you over the past 12 months, including:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we have shared your personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
Right to Delete
You have the right to request that we delete the personal information we have collected from you (and direct our service providers to do the same). There are a number of exceptions, however, that include, but are not limited to, when the information is necessary for us or a third party to do any of the following:
- Provide you a good or service.
- Protect your security and prosecute those responsible for breaching it.
- Fix our system in the case of a bug.
- Protect the free speech rights of you or other users.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interests that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws.
- Comply with a legal obligation or make other internal and lawful uses of the information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
You can request certain information about our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. This request is free and may be made up to twice a year. You also have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of the rights listed above.
Exercising Your California Privacy Rights
To request access to or deletion of your personal information, or to exercise any other data rights under California law, please contact us using one of the following methods:
- Telephone: You may call us at (800) ____________.
- Website: You may visit our privacy homepage to authenticate and exercise rights via our website.
- Email Webform: You may write to us to exercise rights. Please include your full name, email address, and phone number associated with your use of the Platform, along with why you are writing, so that we can process your request in an efficient manner. Link to form: CLICK HERE FOR DATA REQUEST FORM
Response Timing and Format
We aim to respond to a consumer request for access or deletion within 45 days of receiving that request. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
Our Platform is not directed to children, and we don’t knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we find out that a child under 13 has given us personal information, we will take steps to delete that information.If you believe that a child under the age of 13 has given us personal information,please contact us.
Links to Third Party Websites
Our Platform may contain links to third-party websites. Those websites may have privacy policies that differ from ours. We are not responsible for those websites, and we recommend that you review their policies. Please contact those websites directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies.
We may update this policy from time to time as our Platform changes and privacy law evolves. If we update it, we will do so online, and if we make material changes,we will let you know through the Platform or by some other method of communication like email.When you use our services you are agreeing to the most recent terms of this policy.
If you have any questions or concerns about your privacy or anything in this policy,including if you need to access this policy in an alternative format, we encourage you to contact us at ___________________.
This policy was last updated on January 7, 2020.