After hospitalization, many patients require supportive professional services during their initial recovery period. They may also require education regarding their disease and best self-care techniques. Both acute and chronic conditions may require specialized care and support to promote recovery and discharge.
Windsor provides the following Post-Acute services (listed alphabetically):
- Cardiac Specialty Program - improves the health and quality of life for residents with any heart condition and vascular disease
- Cognitive Specialty Program – identifies cognitive deficits which impact the ability to conduct day to day functional activities in a safe manner
- Dysphagia Management – assess and developments plan for patients suffering from Dysphagia, a swallowing and/or feeding disorder
- Fall Prevention Improvement - assesses the root causes of falls, developing an individualized plan of care, and implementing a multi-disciplinary treatment approach to prevent the occurrence and/or recurrence of falls
- Low Vision Program - assesses the deficits of residents with vision disorders which impact there functional independence on a day to day basis
- Lymphedema Management – rehabilitation programs to reduce the swelling in one or more extremities resulting from impaired flow of the lymphatic system
- Medically Complex Program - With many co-morbidities presented along with the primary diagnosis for each resident, this programs develops a comprehensive plan of care which covers treatments for complexities of all diagnoses
- Orthopedic Recovery Program - focuses on residents who have undergone a joint replacement (total hip or knee), fracture, musculoskeletal injury or a degenerative joint disease.
- Pain Management - focuses on reducing and/or eliminating persistent pain which limits the resident in performing day to day functional activities effectively.
- Pulmonary Specialty Program - enhances the functional capacity of residents with chronic respiratory impairments. Often times residents with COPD experience difficulty breathing which worsens with exertion due to limited respiratory capacity.
- Wound Management Program - focuses on skin integrity and wound healing in collaboration with skilled nursing care.