There is always something interesting to do at a Windsor facility. While recuperating from illness, injury or surgery, days are often filled with rehabilitation. Between therapy sessions, enrichment can be found in a wide range of recreational activities.
High-quality, programming addressing a vast array of cultures, backgrounds, interests, life studies, work experience and religious practices bring the current world into each resident’s life. Relationships between residents and their care givers and other residents find new beginnings, new friendships, and new connections .
View dozens of moving Testimonials here.
Windsor’s personal touch includes richly stimulating activity programs that provide something for everyone:
- Physical activites and exercise, from bowling to yoga and Nintendo Wii games.
- Stimulating discussion groups that address such wide ranging topics such as current events, history, art, music, people, places and travelogues.
- Educational programs, including computer training, language classes and cooking classes.
- Intergenerational programs, such as Adopt-a-Grandparent, reading programs to kindergartners, connections to local school theatre arts departments and college student internships.
- Pet therapy and animal visits
- Art therapy and crafts
- Mentally stimulating games such as crossword and sudoku puzzles.
- Music therapy and music appreciation programs
- Garden/flower arranging
- Community outings
- Visiting entertainers
- Holiday parties, special events, barbeques
- Resident Councils
- Religious services and visits
- Independent activity materials are always available, including books, magazines, movies, music, books on tape, playing cards, board games and much more.